The Funniest Things Grandchildren Say About Their Grandparents.
You may have read these before. I wish I could give the person that sent this email to me (credits) for this blog post, but it has been sent around so many times and it just said to share it. It is good for some wonderful laughs.
Grandparents from a grandchild’s point of view:
1. She was in the bathroom, putting on her makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she'd done many times before. After she applied her lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Grandma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye....
2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"
3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice,
4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."
The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
5. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.
6. a little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor. She told him she was writing a story.
"What's it about?" he asked.
"I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."
7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these colors yourself!"
8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."
9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised "Mine says I'm 4 to 6."
10. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting." she said. "How do you make babies?"
"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'I' and add 'es'."
11. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked.
"Sure," said the young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."
12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties.
"They use him to keep crowds back," said one child.
"No," said another. "He's just for good luck."
A third child brought the argument to a close. “They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."
13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."
14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!
15. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over, you hear gas leaks and they blame their dog.
SEND THIS TO OTHER GRANDPARENTS, ALMOST GRANDPARENTS, OR HECK, SEND IT TO EVERYONE. IT WILL MAKE THEIR DAY!
- LINDA BALDRIDGE
- I run 5 Business online/offline, I work with new businesses, teaching them about the positive impact internet marketing services can have on their business.
We integrate our Small Business Resource and Advertising and our Internet Marketing Consulting and our Social Media Management Company into 3 resources for new small business entrepreneurs.
Best of JungleLuv
Linda J. Baldridge is a writer. She founded JungleLuv.com , a blog about how shitty a relationship can be at times and how wonderf...
Do You Feel Like a Wildflower Living a Very Cultivated World ? Untamed Wildflowers Everyday we walk around living with rules.
The Funniest Things Grandchildren Say About Their Grandparents. You may have read these before. I wish I could give the person that se...
We had so much fun . On July 18, 2011 we took 3 adults; myself, my husband, and our daughter. Also our 3 grand daughters, our sweet little B...
Joining The Diaper Head Club! We have 5 members in The Diaper Head Club so far! Bianca, Mommy, Daddy, Harry the dog, and NaNa the cat...
Jungle Of Life!
The Jungle of Life will bring you challenges! But the vines will always bring you close to my heart and my memories. Hope you enjoy my life stories! Stay close and be true!
memories life family life experiences children love relationships health life challenges familiy marriage animals families happiness life with cancer accidents alcoholic american elk artist bengal tigers bison broken legs bull snakes bumble bees cancer choice christmas communities cooking decorating christmas tree divorce dogs duffle bag eagle soaring fallow deer favorite peeps fixing boo boos flower free freedom friends friendship fun in the sun gardens grandchildren grandparents green eyed zombie harry harry boy holidays horses idaho hiking country kidney stones kittens leapfrog leapster gamebox llamas lounging mariage men mommies mothers napping cats naps nuture olmpicgamefarm parenting peeps pengiun pilot peak plant planting flowers rock gardens rules seal sharing sleeping sleeping beauty sleeping puppy smiles smiling disease squirrel stowaway the diaper head club true talent wild animals wildflower women xmas zebras
Powered by Blogger.